- The integration of sound forest business principles and practices with contemporary biological and quantitative methods to achieve sustainable forest production
- The investigation of forest resources and forest industry alternatives that are economically competitive in the global marketplace.
- The proposal of market-based solutions to forest resource problems and opportunities.
- CFB provides an outstanding forest business educational program focusing on the economic and financial aspects of the resources, markets, businesses, and policies associated with managed forests.
- CFB serves all those who own, manage, serve, or use resources from managed forests.
- CFB anticipates challenges and formulates options to keep the forest business sector competitive.
- CFB communicates its work to its clients keeping them informed about its accomplishments.
- CFB seeks to enhance the economic performance and environmental sustainability of resources associated with managed forests.
- CFB focuses its work on the southern US in the context of the national and global economy.
- CFB bases its research on the best available data.
- CFB relies on synergistic collaboration with all academic programs in the Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources and with selected other programs in the university.